Research ways of keeping fit. It is easier to keep fit than to attain a certain body shape or be skinny. Those are by products of the journey and can be achieved at a later stage. Your primary goal should be getting healthy.
- Make a list of recommended foods for a healthy diet.
- Make a list of foods to avoid or reduce.
- Draw up a new shopping list.
- Make a Weekly Meal Planner for your home, stick it up in the fridge and try to follow that.
- Avoid having consecutive “boring” days. Spice things up by doing healthy options with exciting treats in moderation. Do not change all your days, commit to 3 at first, increasing as you go along.
- Have a list of go to treats ready. These can be your old-time favorites or newfound healthy options.
- Research ways of losing weight. From the 101 options on the internet, choose a handful that feel doable in your context and start there.
- Make an Exercise Planner. Stick it where you will be able to see it in the morning.
- Remember to alternate your days between exercise and rest.
- Do not do anything too strenuous for you. Tip: Always include the word beginner e.g. beginner push ups, beginner sit ups etc. If unsure, follow You Tube tutorials.
- Reward yourself with a treat after each exercise.
- If it is helpful, get an exercise partner.